Ready for 2.1
Gary Gregory
2014-09-26 14:03:43 UTC
Hi all,

Are we ready for 2.1?

I have an immediate need for it but I'd like to make sure all is well and that we have Matt as RM.

Gary
Remko Popma
Gary
Matt Sicker
Matt Sicker <***@gmail.com>
Remko Popma
2014-09-26 16:09:53 UTC
Gary,

Running the build I saw the output of the new java lookup scroll by.
Looks very nice! I do this manually at startup in many systems at work;
good to have log4j support for this.
Will you be adding some usage docs to the Lookups manual page?

Remko
Post by Matt Sicker
I'm ready as soon as we all are.
Gary Gregory
2014-09-26 17:10:11 UTC
I updated the docs already.

Gary

Running the build I saw the output of the new java lookup scroll by.
Looks very nice! I do this manually at startup in many systems at work; good to have log4j support for this.
Will you be adding some usage docs to the Lookups manual page?

Remko

On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 12:07 AM, Matt Sicker <***@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm ready as soon as we all are.

Matt Sicker <***@gmail.com>
Remko Popma
2014-09-26 23:13:53 UTC
I didn't see it. Did I look wrong, or perhaps the links in the left navigation menu (under Lookups) are missing?

Sent from my iPhone
Post by Gary Gregory
I updated the docs already.
Gary
Running the build I saw the output of the new java lookup scroll by.
Looks very nice! I do this manually at startup in many systems at work; good to have log4j support for this.
Will you be adding some usage docs to the Lookups manual page?
Remko
Post by Matt Sicker
I'm ready as soon as we all are.
Remko Popma
2014-09-27 00:50:29 UTC
(Back at PC)
Ah yes, I can see the JavaLookup section on the Lookups page now. It's just
not in the navigation menu.
What about LOG4J2-771 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-771> (main
args lookup) and LOG4J2-787
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-787> (JVM args lookup)?
Post by Remko Popma
I didn't see it. Did I look wrong, or perhaps the links in the left
navigation menu (under Lookups) are missing?
Sent from my iPhone
I updated the docs already.
Gary
Running the build I saw the output of the new java lookup scroll by.
Looks very nice! I do this manually at startup in many systems at work;
good to have log4j support for this.
Will you be adding some usage docs to the Lookups manual page?
Remko
Post by Matt Sicker
I'm ready as soon as we all are.
Gary Gregory

Running the build I saw the output of the new java lookup scroll by.
Looks very nice! I do this manually at startup in many systems at work;
good to have log4j support for this.
Will you be adding some usage docs to the Lookups manual page?
Remko
Post by Matt Sicker
I'm ready as soon as we all are.
E-Mail: ***@gmail.com | ***@apache.org
<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
Gary Gregory
2014-09-27 14:23:50 UTC
Post by Remko Popma
(Back at PC)
Post by Remko Popma
Ah yes, I can see the JavaLookup section on the Lookups page now. It's
just not in the navigation menu.
What about LOG4J2-771 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-771> (main
args lookup) and LOG4J2-787
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-787> (JVM args lookup)?
All done. The main args docs are good (IMO) and the JVM ones minimal.

Gary
Post by Remko Popma
Post by Remko Popma
Post by Remko Popma
I didn't see it. Did I look wrong, or perhaps the links in the left
navigation menu (under Lookups) are missing?
Sent from my iPhone
I updated the docs already.
Gary
Running the build I saw the output of the new java lookup scroll by.
Looks very nice! I do this manually at startup in many systems at work;
good to have log4j support for this.
Will you be adding some usage docs to the Lookups manual page?
Remko
Post by Matt Sicker
I'm ready as soon as we all are.
Remko Popma
Running the build I saw the output of the new java lookup scroll by.
Looks very nice! I do this manually at startup in many systems at work;
good to have log4j support for this.
Will you be adding some usage docs to the Lookups manual page?
Remko
Post by Matt Sicker
I'm ready as soon as we all are.
Remko Popma
Running the build I saw the output of the new java lookup scroll by.
Looks very nice! I do this manually at startup in many systems at
work; good to have log4j support for this.
Will you be adding some usage docs to the Lookups manual page?
Remko
Post by Matt Sicker
I'm ready as soon as we all are.
Gary Gregory
2014-09-27 14:50:20 UTC
Thanks!

Gary

On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 11:23 PM, Gary Gregory <***@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 8:50 PM, Remko Popma <***@gmail.com> wrote:
(Back at PC)
Ah yes, I can see the JavaLookup section on the Lookups page now. It's just not in the navigation menu.
What about LOG4J2-771 (main args lookup) and LOG4J2-787 (JVM args lookup)?

On 2014/09/27, at 2:10, Gary Gregory <***@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

JUnit in Action, Second Edition
Spring Batch in Action
Remko Popma
2014-09-27 15:54:49 UTC
I'm going to stop fiddling with the Lookups page now (got carried away a
little :-), hope you don't mind....)

As for the 2.1 release, I can't think of anything else urgent to add or
change, I'm happy with what we have now.
Post by Gary Gregory
Thanks!
Gary
Running the build I saw the output of the new java lookup scroll by.
Looks very nice! I do this manually at startup in many systems at
work; good to have log4j support for this.
Will you be adding some usage docs to the Lookups manual page?
Remko
Post by Matt Sicker
I'm ready as soon as we all are.
Gary Gregory

Running the build I saw the output of the new java lookup scroll by.
Looks very nice! I do this manually at startup in many systems at
work; good to have log4j support for this.
Will you be adding some usage docs to the Lookups manual page?
Remko
Post by Matt Sicker
I'm ready as soon as we all are.
Remko Popma
2014-09-27 16:52:21 UTC
:-) You're welcome!

BTW, it would be really good to have an example of how the JVM Arguments
Lookup works.
Is this an index-based lookup: ${jvmrunargs:0} like for ${main:Index}?
Post by Remko Popma
I'm going to stop fiddling with the Lookups page now (got carried away a
little :-), hope you don't mind....)
As for the 2.1 release, I can't think of anything else urgent to add or
change, I'm happy with what we have now.
Post by Gary Gregory
Thanks!
Gary
Running the build I saw the output of the new java lookup scroll by.
Looks very nice! I do this manually at startup in many systems at
work; good to have log4j support for this.
Will you be adding some usage docs to the Lookups manual page?
Remko
Post by Matt Sicker
I'm ready as soon as we all are.
Remko Popma
2014-09-27 23:23:36 UTC
Post by Gary Gregory
Thank you for fiddling with the lookups page. The docs are much better for
it.
If I were to fiddle some more, I would rename Application Main Arguments to
Main Arguments and move it under JVM Arguments. Two reasons: having them
close together emphasizes/clarifies the similararity in intention and usage
of the two Arguments lookups. (Luckily, this retains alphabetical
order.) Also, this would make the section title match the lookup key
${main:.

Thoughts?
Post by Gary Gregory
Gary
Post by Remko Popma
I'm going to stop fiddling with the Lookups page now (got carried away a
little :-), hope you don't mind....)
As for the 2.1 release, I can't think of anything else urgent to add or
change, I'm happy with what we have now.
Post by Gary Gregory
Thanks!
Gary
Running the build I saw the output of the new java lookup scroll by.
Looks very nice! I do this manually at startup in many systems at
work; good to have log4j support for this.
Will you be adding some usage docs to the Lookups manual page?
Remko
Post by Matt Sicker
I'm ready as soon as we all are.
Gary Gregory
2014-09-28 01:18:25 UTC
Post by Remko Popma
Post by Gary Gregory
Thank you for fiddling with the lookups page. The docs are much better
for it.
If I were to fiddle some more, I would rename Application Main Arguments
to Main Arguments and move it under JVM Arguments. Two reasons: having them
close together emphasizes/clarifies the similararity in intention and usage
of the two Arguments lookups. (Luckily, this retains alphabetical
order.) Also, this would make the section title match the lookup key
${main:.
Sure, or both could be under the same subsection.

Gary
Post by Remko Popma
Thoughts?
Post by Gary Gregory
Gary
Post by Remko Popma
I'm going to stop fiddling with the Lookups page now (got carried away a
little :-), hope you don't mind....)
As for the 2.1 release, I can't think of anything else urgent to add or
change, I'm happy with what we have now.
Post by Gary Gregory
Thanks!
Gary
Running the build I saw the output of the new java lookup scroll by.
Looks very nice! I do this manually at startup in many systems at
work; good to have log4j support for this.
Will you be adding some usage docs to the Lookups manual page?
Remko
Post by Matt Sicker
I'm ready as soon as we all are.
Remko Popma
2014-09-28 04:13:03 UTC
Ok, thanks for the confirmation! I made the change.

As far as I can see we are ready for the 2.1 release.
Does anybody want to make any more changes?
Post by Gary Gregory
Post by Remko Popma
Post by Gary Gregory
Thank you for fiddling with the lookups page. The docs are much better
for it.
If I were to fiddle some more, I would rename Application Main Arguments
to Main Arguments and move it under JVM Arguments. Two reasons: having them
close together emphasizes/clarifies the similararity in intention and usage
of the two Arguments lookups. (Luckily, this retains alphabetical
order.) Also, this would make the section title match the lookup key
${main:.
Sure, or both could be under the same subsection.
Gary
Post by Remko Popma
Thoughts?
Post by Gary Gregory
Gary
Post by Remko Popma
I'm going to stop fiddling with the Lookups page now (got carried away
a little :-), hope you don't mind....)
As for the 2.1 release, I can't think of anything else urgent to add or
change, I'm happy with what we have now.
Post by Gary Gregory
Thanks!
Gary
Running the build I saw the output of the new java lookup scroll by.
Looks very nice! I do this manually at startup in many systems at
work; good to have log4j support for this.
Will you be adding some usage docs to the Lookups manual page?
Remko
Post by Matt Sicker
I'm ready as soon as we all are.